We found in Slack a great ally to support some of the team needs.
Obviously not everything happens in Slack. Calls, Skype for business, MS Teams, and presential meetings and training happen in a daily basis.
• We needed a place to share our designs and get design critique, and we created a #sharing channel (we also have design critique in Invision Freehands).
• We needed a place to talk about cool stuff we discovered about UX or the latest trends, and we decided to use #general for that purpose
• We needed a place to share tips & tricks about Sketch and other tools, and we created the #sketchtipsandtricks channel
• We recently moved to Mac (worked with PCs and VMWare the last 2 years) and we got crazy about shortcuts, tools, and dumb issues, and so we created the #mac channel
• We needed to centralize all of the comments and feedback (of design projects) in a single place, and we integrated Invision projects with Slack channels so that everything is in the same place and we don’t miss a thing.
• And lately we’ve been working on our brand new design systems (yes, we have 5 of them) and needed to centralize discussions and workflows about them, and so we created the #designsystems channels.
Our Slack channels are on fire
Communication is key